Despite the common wisdom and all the nigh-saying by the conservative right wing and the “Republicants”, President Obama’s first year in office has been a major success.
To gage that success just look at some of the legislation that was passed during his first year:
- $787 billion stimulus package that by many accounts,including the right wing, conservative American Enterprise Group, have said that the stimulus package worked.
- Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay act.
- Repeal of the Embryonic Stem Cell research ban.
- The confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor
- The House passed climate change legislation.
- Soon to be completed health care reform.